Saturday, September 25, 2010
Age Group Nationals
Well what can I say....today didn't go as planned but then again I had no idea where I was going to finish. I thought that I could still be competitive today but right from the get go it wasn't there. AG nationals took place in beautiful Tuscaloosa, AL right on the northern edge of University of Alabama. It was definitely warm out there (high of 93) but what do you expect being so far south. I came out of the swim in about 26 minutes, probably my 3rd slowest swim ever! yay. Then when I got on the bike it was like I was in neutral, pushing the gas wouldn't help me go any faster. When it came to the run, I had the same feeling as I had on the bike....not there at all. After I finished in ~2:07 I just sat down and felt mentally and physically exhausted. It is tough to end a season like that but you can't always have good days. I still go back to that one Thursday evening in mid-July and think...what if I hadn't gotten in that bike crash?? After a 5 week layoff from the cycling accident with a German Shepard you really never know what to expect in your first race back. Now that the season is over I will try to focus on school and let my body heal completely. I will keep you updated on whats going on! Tomorrow the OSU tri team welcomes its new members with an information meet. I am planning on putting on a nutrition clinic sometime in the near future...updates to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment