I would personally like to announce Robin Hill, an LMT, as one of my newest sponsors. As an avid cyclist and runner who has done numerous marathons, and now a Half Ironman finisher (just completed the Seneca Lake Musselman Triathlon) she understands the rigors training puts on your body. The bike and run miles add up, the laps add up and the body becomes tight. When there is chronic muscle tension or tightness, there are usually adhesions (bands of painful, rigid tissue) in muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Adhesions can block circulation and cause pain, limited movement, and inflammation- all of this can inhibit your training and racing.
Deep tissue massage works by physically breaking down these adhesions to relieve pain and restore normal movement. To do this, Robin often uses direct deep pressure or friction applied across the grain of the muscles.
With her help she has loosened up my chronic hamstring issues and after running with pain over the last 2 months I am happy to say that I am feeling stronger than ever. Whether it is for pre-race loosening or after a hard race/training block I would suggest looking into Robin Hill. Unlike many other LMTs out there she understands the needs of endurance athletes. Located in Fairport, NY she is readily available to help rid yourself of even the most stubborn aches and pains. Please feel free to check out her website, call her at 585-766-4987 or email at
rthoman@rochester.rr.com

No comments:
Post a Comment