I have been able to put in about 21-22 hours a week training right now and most importantly been able to get the sleep/stretching/icing my body requires in order to train at its highest. I would have to say that is the biggest thing between when I was working full time vs now is that I am better able to take care of my body allowing my body to push that much further. I will have to say my swimming is improving with the help of Mike Hoffman the 2009 US Masters Open Water Age Group National Champion and Danielle Ohlson. Mike and I have both been hitting the pavement hard running 3 times a week together as he prepares for the 2012 Boston Marathon.
I have updated my racing schedule as I will be starting out next Saturday, March 3 with the Buffalo Shamrock Run which is an 8k. Then my next race will be Saturday march 13 ...my first tri of the year....Rumpass in Bumpass Olympic distance at Lake Anna, VA. I wanted to do a race to get my feet wet before I tackle the Elite Am race at St. Anthony's. From there I might do the Rochester Spring Classic Duathlon on May 19th. It would be my first true duathlon since the 2009 Duathlon World Champs! The next one on the schedule is then Quassy Rev3 Half! I am truly excited to tackle that distance as I have yet to do a full 70.3 as Pocono 70.3 turned into a 69.1 with the swim being cancelled last October.
In other news I am excited to be once again a member of PowerBar Team Elite! Thanks so much for all of the help over the past 3 years!
I will also be headed up to Tucson, AZ March 20-25 for a training camp apart of TriSports.com TriFest 2012! I am excited to meet my new team members as we climb Mt. Lemmon, pass all the cacti and soak up the sun of Southern AZ!
This is setting up to be an exciting 2012! If you ever have any questions feel free to contact me at rosiunner13@gmail.com Till next time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment