Swim

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Training out West.....Race Season Almost here

Sorry I have not written in a month or so but Spring is in the air and I can smell the start of my Triathlon season! As I prep for the season, full of high expectations I think back on the last month.

I have added a few weapons to my arsenal for the 2012 season....I went out and bought the Quarq powermeter and have been training with POWER! Its amazing how caught up you can get with it! I have also added a Garmin 310 XT with HR and has been great as I run with Nate Lowe, Anthony Wind, and Mike Hoffman. I am excited to see what Mike and Anthony can do as they run the Boston Marathon in less than 3 weeks! And lastly I have purchased with help from Matt Curbeau a Zipp Super 9!

Training has been going well as we shall see what the season has in store.

This past week I left Chelsea (which she was not very pleased about) from Tuesday through Monday am. I went out and visited Bill Catt, my best bud from Optometry school who is a Captain in the Airforce at Nellis in Las Vegas. We ended up getting a great run in Red Rock Canyon then headed out of NV to Flagstaff Az to visit
Jeff Egglestonhttp://jeffreyeggleston.com/ my good buddy who has made it big with a 2:13 marathon PR! Ended up realxing with him and his GF Ali on Wed night. Woke up to a 20 degree morning in Flag a nice 8 mile run on a nice frozen over dirt road ....Bill and I then made our way down to Tucson from there...I will be writing about the trip to Tucson and TriFest Weekend coming shortly! More to come ....

No comments:

Post a Comment